The Nexcare™ Reusable Hot & Kold Gel Pack is a soft, gel-filled pillow that can be used on any part of the body to provide cold or hot pain relief therapy. Includes 2 packs and 2 pack covers.
- Cold therapy is recommended for the first 48 hours following an injury. Prior to use, store the pack in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- To apply, insert the cold pack into the supplied cover or wrap cloth. Apply the cold pack to the desired area. Remove pack if it become uncomfortable. Do not apply for longer that 20 minutes.
- Hot therapy should not be used until 48 hours after the injury. Pack must be at room temperature before heating
- Before heating, check the pack for leaks. If the pack is leaking discard.
- You can used either boiling water or your microwave to warm the pack. To use water, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. Remove the water from the heat and place the pack in the water for no longer the 7 minutes. Carefully remove the pack from the water and check for leaks. Insert pack in the cover or wrap in a cloth.
- Microwave. Place pack flat in the microwave on a paper towel or on a plate. Heat a full power for 20 seconds. If pack expands like a balloon, stop heating. Remove pack and knead to distribute heat and check for desired temperature. Check for leaks. Place in cover or wrap in cloth.
- Place warmed pack against your forearm to test the temperature. When comfortable, apply to the desired area. Remove pack if it become uncomfortable.